Sunday, February 22, 2015

MY LITTLE HIDDEN PARADISE - NONG KIAU LAOS

I arrived late night after a 14 hour car ride. I was hungry, it was foggy and freezing cold and I had no idea if we even were on the correct dirt road until I finally got a signal on my mobile and a GPS map showing that we had indeed arrived in Nong Kiau or sometimes also spelled Nong Kiao or Nong Kiaw.

It felt a bit like on a blind date, since I had booked a "hotel" at this remote place without having really seen any photos of it. After booking it I read somewhere that it was one of the most beautiful places on earth, but given the fact that I could not see anything when we arrived, I would have turned back to Vientiane in a second. 

The next morning after a freezing cold night I stumbled outside my resorts hut  onto the balcony and was stunned by the beauty of this place. I had in fact arrived in a little paradise in remote Northern Laos.

















No comments:

Post a Comment